Updates from blendtuts!
Hi everybody!! I'm writing this post for letting you know some news about how everything is going theese days :D
1. I'm on "hollidays" (working at home xD). This means that I haven't a cool computer, just a little laptop, so no tutorials till I go back to Valencia (I'm on Galicia / Spain atm). It's not a great problem as I'll get back in a week, more or less :) So! What I'm doing is continuing the recording of the hologram's project voice over. When I'm back I'll make an update video to showing you all how it's going :D
Also, I'll put that same update video for download in the final format in which I'll be releasing the full tutorial. I made a few tests, and I already know how .mkv works, so I can produce dual audio videos (to have them with english/spanish audio). Only a few chapters are still without voice over, and then I'll remake the compositing part, because blender developers have solved a few bugs, so we don't need the workarounds I did on the original one. And also this way I'll comment it while doing it, as I think that is the most important and complex part of the tutorial :)
2. I'm testing the BSurfaces addon, which was released this week! I had the luck to receibe a copy to make a review and tutorial... so they will come soon!! For now... all that I can say, is that I find it very useful, overall for retopo works!! You can check it's features, buy it, and donate for it right HERE.
3. I have already planned some of the videos that are coming!! This is the list:
- How to paint textures in blender (Tutorial)
- Timelapse unwrapping a full lowpoly character (just in case you want to watch it, and see the practical side of the unwrapping tuts)
- Timelapse painting all the textures for that character (so you can see the practical side of the painting textures tutorial)
- How to pose without a rig (A long time ago I saw a video... I think it was a Modo demo or somthing like that, and some time ago I realized how to do it, so in case you find it interesting for showing your models without having to use rigs :)
The character that I'm going to use for this tutorial and timelapses, was an original idea from my friend Carles Tenorio Quintana (His Blog, His Portfolio). I saw a model he made, and I asked him for make some little adjustments for using it for the tutorials :) Here you have a quick painting I did using his model as my inspiration:
4. And a last thing... I'm now on the Google+ Social Network, and very soon, I'll put the G+ logo at the bottom of the web for those who want to follow me there :) If you want to follow me right now... here you have my profile LINK !!
See you there... or see you on the next videos, post, tutorials... whatever!! ;D